I love these words

I love these words

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Reason #1

Well, here goes, my first post and my first reason to bless God!


In spite of everything I am so grateful that I am still singing. So many bad days that I had last year and I can remember at times standing in the shower and just singing through the song that this blog is titled after and just crying out to God “Let me be singing when  the evening comes”. I was in pain and struggling emotionally but I did not want to lose hope, or lose my faith in the One who gave me that hope.


It was a decision I had to make daily to look to God, to sing His song, in spite of everything going on around me. I didn’t want to be the angry person saying “Why me?”, I wanted to say “why not me?”. It wasn’t always easy, and sometimes those words would come through gritted teeth but they always came, sometimes in barely a whisper. I did not want to reject the very thing that my hope rested on and I know that hanging on to God, still trusting that he is a good God who loves me has helped me immeasurably.


So here I am, still singing and determined to find 10,000 reasons before I stop this blog so bear with me!


Please read the ‘About me’ page if you would like to know why I have started this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment